These days there is no network that is secured from the prying eyes of hackers. This very much includes the network of your Linksys wireless router. Now, you might be wondering what to do to safeguard the network of your device, isn’t it? Well, the answer is pretty simple. You just need to change its admin password using the Linksys router login IP. This is the best thing that can be done to increase the security of your home network.
In this article, we have mentioned the step-by-step guidelines with the help of which you will be able to change the admin password of your device with ease. Therefore, you should not waste any more time stuck reading the introduction and get down to the main deal.
How to Change Linksys Router Admin Password?
- Switch On the Linksys Router
In order to commence the process, look for a wall socket in your house. Once found, plug the Linksys wireless router into it. Press the power button and hold on for some time. You need to wait so that the power LED on the router gets enough time to turn solid.
- Connect the Networking Devices
Once a proper power supply is being supplied to your Linksys router, connect it to the existing modem. Make sure that you use a wired source of connection instead of a wireless one. The reason is, it will not leave you hanging with connection issues in the future.
- Open an Internet Browser
Whether you use a computer or laptop, open it. Gain access to an internet browser. Ensure that it is only functioning on its latest version. Then, double-click on the address bar of the browser. Once the cursor starts blinking rapidly, take it as a sign to enter the IP address.
- Access the Default IP Address
If you are not sure about the default IP address of your Linksys wireless router, it is advised that you refer to the one given in the user manual. Thereafter, press the Enter key on your keyboard. If you do not want to do that, then click on the Enter button on the screen.
- Perform Linksys Router Login
Soon the Linksys router login page will appear on the screen with a couple of fields. One field will be named Password and another will be named Username. As the name of the field suggests, enter the required information. Click on the login button.
- Change the Admin Password
Before you even know it, the Linksys router setup wizard will make its way to your screen. Go to the Settings menu. Look for the Maintenance option. Once found, click on it, and hit Change Password. Enter the new password. Fill it in again for confirmation. Click Apply.
In this manner, you will be able to change Linksys router password using the manual method. Although these steps are pretty easy to understand and implement, in case you face issues during the process, the following section will be of some use to you.
Can’t Change Linksys Router Admin Password?
- The very first thing that you need to check is whether your Linksys router is receiving an adequate power supply from its wall socket or not. If not, then it is recommended that you plug the device into another wall socket.
- After that, see if the wire used for the connection between the networking devices is damage-free or not. No in that case too? Replace the cable with a new one. Just make sure that the connection is finger-tight.
- Only use the correct web address to log in to the Linksys router. Avoid typing errors. Apart from that, ensure that the web address is being inserted into the address bar of the web browser instead of the search bar.
- Keep cellular phones, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, and televisions away from the Linksys wireless router. The reason is, such devices can stop your router from performing to its full potential.
- Another thing that you can keep in mind while changing the password of your Linksys router is to use the correct password and username. Need help remembering the default ones? Refer to the Linksys user manual.
With the help of the instructions mentioned in this article, you will definitely be able to change the router password. If you ever plan to install an extender in your home and would like to change its password as well, it is advised that you access the extender.linksys.com web address to execute the process. For more info, refer to the manual.