Netgear extender provides the best home internet network. Using a Netgear extender lets you enjoy trouble free and speedy internet throughout your home. However, there are times when you may face some issues with the Netgear WiFi range extender. And to resolve the issue, you may need to factory reset the Netgear extender. Also, there may be instances when you need to reconfigure your Negear extender. During such times, when you lose all your saved data from the device, you feel that having a backup of extender settings is a must. It saves on a lot of time and we can escape arduous efforts of manual reconfiguration via Netgear extender setup method. Moreover, it is always recommended to have a backup so that you can restore the settings and data post factory reset or data loss. You can use Backup Settings option on the Netgear genie setup wizard and create a backup of your Netgear extender’s configuration settings like WiFi settings, passwords, access schedules, profiles, etc. in a file on your computer. You can at any time restore the settings as and when required without having to manually configure your Netgear extender again. This post will provide you with information about step-by-step procedure to backup and restore Netgear WiFi range extender settings.
How to Backup Netgear Extender Settings?
Let us have a look on how you can create backup of your Netgear WiFi range extender. To backup the Netgear extender, you first need to log in to your Netgear extender account on your computer. Here are the steps to log in and create backup.
- Launch a web browser on your computer or laptop to access the Netgear extender login page.
- Enter the web address www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Type in Netgear extender username and password when prompted.
- You will land on Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Click on Settings option on the left side of the Netgear genie page.
- Choose the option Other which will open the Other Settings page.
- Click on Backup option and save the current settings of the Netgear extender at any location on your computer.
This completes backing up of your Netgear extender on your computer. Now, you can use this backup file any time to restore the extender settings.
How to Restore Netgear Extender Settings?
Let us now move on to next step, which is to learn how to restore these settings on the Netgear extender.
- Log in to your Netgear extender by accessing the web page on your computer.
- Entering the username and password will take you to Netgear genie setup wizard.
- On Netgear genie page, Click on Settings option.
- Open Other Settings page under Other option.
- Click on Browse option under Restore.
- Now, navigate to the location where backup file was saved earlier while backing up the Netgear extender.
- Select the backup file and click on Restore button.
- Click on Yes on the extender restore confirmation page.
- After this, the Netgear extender will upload the backup file and it will then reboot.
By following the above mentioned steps, you can easily create backup of your Netgear extender current settings and also restore the extender settings back. Please note that you can create backup of your extender settings by logging into Netgear extender using the web address as mentioned earlier. But, if you are using iOS, then the above web address will not work for you. For an iOS device, you can use the alternative web address which is www.mywifiext.local. So, next time if you are facing any issue with the Netgear extender and you need to perform factory reset then, prefer creating a backup file beforehand, so that you can restore your current Netgear extender settings without any hassle.